*Note: Effective March 3, 2020, the City can no longer accept payment for the 2019 Summer & 2019 Winter Tax Bills or prior years. The City will only accept payments from businesses for their delinquent personal property taxes. All other tax related payments may be paid at the St. Clair County Treasurer's Office.
2019 Summer Tax Bill Information
The 2019 Summer Tax Bills were due September 3, 2019.
- All past due payments will be charged a 4% one-time only penalty fee beginning September 4, 2019 and a 1% monthly interest fee beginning September 15, 2019. NOTE: The monthly interest fee is in addition to the penalty charge. The City no longer accepts the postmark date. Payment must be in our office or drop box by the time the office closes for the day on or before the due date to avoid any additional fees. Failure to receive your tax bill does not waive payment of late fees.
2019 Winter Tax Bill Information
The 2019 Winter Tax Bills were due March 2, 2020.
The City of Marine City offers an automated payment program for Tax Bills and Water/Sewer Bills. The automated payment withdrawal from your account for payment of your Tax or Water/Sewer Bill(s) will be processed on the due date of the bill. If interested, these forms are available in the section to the left labeled "Forms" or can be picked up at the City Offices. The City of Marine City is trying to meet your needs in this busy world we live in.
The City of Marine City has been offering Online Payments on the City website: click here. Listed below is the breakdown of any fees if applicable for both the Water/Sewer Bills and Tax Bills.
|Bill Type||Payment Method / Amount||Fee|
|Water / Sewer Bills||Electronic Check (Available Online Only)||No Charge|
|Debit and Credit Cards (Available Online and at City Offices)|
|$0 - $50||(Min) $1.50|
|$50 - $100||$3.00|
|$100 - $200||$6.00|
|$200 - $300||$9.00|
|$300 - $400||$12.00|
|All Other Transactions Including Tax Bills||Electronic Check (Available Online Only)||No Charge|
|Debit and Credit Cards (Available Online and at City Offices)||3% of Tax Bill (Min $1.50)|
|All Other Transactions|
|Debit and Credit Cards (Available at City Offices)||3% of Total Bill (Min $1.50)|
Please note that you can view assessing, tax, and water/sewer billing information online: click here.
Remittance Address for tax payments is:
City of Marine City
303 S. Water Street
Marine City, MI 48039
Deferment of Summer Taxes allows the taxpayer to defer their payment without penalty or interest charges on their principle residence until February 14th.
This form must be filed with the Treasurer no later than September 14th.
Requirements: Gross household income for the preceding calendar year did not exceed $40,000.00 and you qualify with one of the following:
- 62 years of age or older, including the unmarried surviving spouse of a person who was 62 years of age or older at the time of death
- Paraplegic or Quadriplegic
- Eligible Service person, Eligible Veteran, Eligible Widow or Widower
- Blind person
- Totally and permanently disabled
- Or, your property which is classified or used as agricultural real property, and the gross receipts of agricultural or horticultural operations in the previous year (or the average gross receipts for such operations in the previous three years) is not less than your household income for the preceding year.
If you qualify for Deferment of your Summer Taxes please contact the Treasurer's Office at (810) 765-8846.
Please note that the application must be filed with the Treasurer's Office no later than September 14th.