The City Clerk serves as the official record keeper of the City of Marine City. The responsibilities of the City Clerk are defined by the City Charter, as well as State and Federal law, and include the following:
- Serving as custodian of the City seal on all documents and instruments requiring the seal, custodian of all papers, documents, and records pertaining to the City.
- Acting as the Clerk of the City Commission, which includes keeping a permanent journal of its proceedings, posting meetings, setting agendas, preparation and follow-up for agenda packets, mailing notices, reviewing minutes and related activities. Publishing and posting notices of the City as required by law.
- Certifying all ordinances and resolutions enacted or passed by the Commission.
- Acting as the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator.
- Administering all oaths required by law.
- Administering Business and Peddlers/Solicitors licensing among several other licenses.
- Conducting Federal, State and local elections and maintaining voter registration records.
- Scheduling burials and maintaining records for Woodlawn Cemetery.